Summer is (officially) here. And while there are many lists on the internet dedicated to Atlanta’s season in the sun, I wanted to take the time and tell you the worst part about summers here.
- It’s really, really hot. It’s been hot since April and it’ll probably still be hot late October.
- Your commute is still awful. Less school buses, more construction. You can’t win.
- Your chances of getting skin cancer in the outfield at Suntrust Park are about 99.9%
- The e-coli count in the Chattahoochee is higher than the ABV % in your light beer
- You recognize like, 2 bands on the Music Midtown lineup, but still pray for tickets.
- To sit in the beer lines.
- Let’s not mention the port-o potty lines…and the overflow (ummm…sewage?)
- Scooters have overtaken all streets within city limits.
- Festival food poisoning.
Even with the sunburn, indigestion, and empty wallet…Atlanta is one of the best places to call home. Happy Summer Solstice!